Hi everyone, it’s Laura here with a layout using bits that normally end up in the bin (Editors note: or on the floor in my case!)
I love to squeeze every last layout of a cutting session. Do you remember the projects from last month using the wonderful Pansies cut file? I cut six pansies to start with as I wasn’t sure how many I would need. In the end the layout only needed five so I made a card with the spare. As I was taking the die cuts off the cutting mat I loved how the negative pieces looked. I used a sheet of transfer tape to keep them in their position. Transfer tape is a low tack sheet that you can pick up intricate designs with. It makes it quick and easy (ish!) to use the negatives that you usually throw away.
I started working on my background using the Blossoms stencil from the shop. It’s currently on sale for just £2-00! I added a layer of texture paste, then some water colour and then another layer of texture paste. I then added the negatives that I had saved on transfer tape. I learned that it’s much easier to adhere them on to card that hasn’t got two layers of texture paste! A little perseverance and they were all stuck down.
I pulled out some goodies from Pink Fresh including ephemera and alphas and set to work making things as pretty as I could. I added some machine stitching to most of the embellishments as things were not sticking very well over the texture paste.
I added a healthy dose of sequins and splatters and thought it still needed something more. I pulled out some pens in matching colours and doodled around a few of the texture paste blossoms.
You can see the layout come together here.